Home health care is the latest trend of care giving in the world of healthcare industry. If before we usually bring our loved ones to specialty nursing homes to meet their medical needs and wants that not all of us are capable of doing in our own home, now we don’t have to be away from them just to keep them on great health. With home health care services, all care and services that are usually done in the hospital will be performed right at the comfort of your own home. This means great convenience and tons of accessibility on our side.
Home health care services are classified into different types and kinds. The most common forms are general and Medicare covered home health care services. There is a great difference between the two. First is the liability of the insurance company. Medicare covered home health care services is only one of the many advantages of Senior’s insurance while general home health care is an option for many Medicare and Non Medicare clienteles. The pay is usually covered by the Medicare and other services are free of charge provided that you meet the standard requirements. Also, Medicare covered home health care services are illness based meaning one cannot simply apply for these types of services unless a doctor’s order is clearly endorsed on the qualified company like Allforone Homehealthcare.
To be able to qualify on Medicare covered home health care services, these are the given minimum requirements:
1. Your doctor is the only authoritative person who is in full capacity of deciding whether you need to have a home health care service at home or not.
2. He or she should plan the type of care needed at home.
3. You must need at least one of the following but not limited to:
– Time to time skilled nursing care that is only on part time
– Physical therapy sessions
– Speech/language pathology sessions
– The need of occupational therapy at home
4. You must be non mobile meaning leaving your home is a great burden on your part. A fully capable person that can leave his/her house for medical treatment may be subjected to other type of services but not necessarily home health care services.
5. Your doctor must endorsed or present you with the list of qualified home health care agencies.
6. Your home health care agency should be certified by Medicare.
Taking care of an elderly at home is such a daunting task to deal with that is why many people are now opting for home health care service to easily care and fill in the needs of their loved ones. Before you apply or inquire to such agencies, make sure to contact your doctor first as this is the first step to determine if you qualified by Medicare or not. Should you be qualified, go to trusted home health care agencies like Allforonehomehealthcare.com to ensure high quality care and real trained medical staffs.